Friday, August 3, 2012

My New Knitting Basket

The word organization, I don’t know if that word fits very well in my life, especially when it comes to knitting. I seem to have it all over the place.

I decided I wanted one of those knitting basket like our grandmothers to have, but where would I find one this day and age.
And like always when I want to find something out I start by looking l on the internet. And I found a tutorial for one at Canadian Living that I liked. 
 And with a little persuasion on my part, Richard helped me with cutting the wood pieces and drilling of the holes.

I found this really cute material on clearance at the fabric store. And because the pattern that I found didn’t have a liner I added one and a few pockets inside.
After staining the pieces I was ready to assemble the basket.
The instruction called for use to glue the pieces together, but we decided to use screws instead, which made it easier to assemble.
The hardest part about doing this was making sure that the dowels were in their right places.
And now I have a cute basket to hold my knitting in.

It even folds up so that I can put it behind the end table when friends come over.
I also would like to share this little bowl that I found at Michaels. Richard stained it for me. I keep it by my side of the couch so that I can toss my little stitch markers and such in. But mostly so that when Richard finds my little knitting stuff (that I have lost around the house) he has a place to put it.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Stefanie!! Almost makes me wish I was a knitter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visting my blog. I love it when comments are left!
Stefanie