Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crochet Edge Fleece Blanket



Crochet Edge Fleece Blanket

When Ariel and I were at Walmart the other day in their craft department looking at some fabric, Ariel found this fleece blanket material on clearance for 3 dollars a panel. And since her boy friend Derrick happens to be in the Navy we couldn’t pass up such a great deal.

We were talking about how to finish the edge of the blanket. I told her she could just cut the edge and leave it like that or she could turn over the edge and sew it. I also told her that I have seen it crocheted around the edges but that took a while because you will need to punch all the holes around the edge.
I decided to look up on the Internet about how to make holes in fleece for a crochet edge and of course I found what I was looking for. A cool little blade called a Skip Stitch that you can use in your Rotary Cutter that makes the job so much easier.


So I assembled all my materials that I would be needing and got down to work.
My materals

The edge before
I am using a size H hook
The edge after
  

Here is the link for the instructions on how to make the blanket, and also the website where you can order your own Skip-Stitch blade.
So get busy and order your blade and you to can make your own crochet edge fleece blankets for your love ones!

1 comment:

  1. Is there any chance you would have any of the US Navy panels left. I have looked everywhere. I would pay 10.00 per panel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visting my blog. I love it when comments are left!
Stefanie