Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ariel's Beehive Hat


Ariel has had a love of hats since she was a little girl. So when I find a hat pattern that I would like to knit or crochet there is always someone there waiting for me to finish it.
I saw this pattern for a Slouchy Beehive Hat on Ravelry and just knew that I had to knit one.
I first use a # 8 knitting needle like the pattern calls for but found that the hat was turning out to big so I had to frog it. In knitting terms that mean I had to rip it out. Then I went down to a #6 needle and liked it much better. I also decided to only knit 2 inch for the brim instead of the 4 inches like in the pattern.
All and all the pattern knitted up pretty fast and I liked the way it turned out. I will be making this hat again and I think next time I will add a few more section so that the hat will be a little slouchier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visting my blog. I love it when comments are left!
Stefanie